Covid-19 Update 10 June 2020
Covid -19 Update 10th June 2020
Our hearts go out to all those affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Like everyone, we eagerly look forward to the return to normal life, to the freedom to enjoy the company of others, and to participate in many more activities.
In line with government advice, By the Brae is currently closed, but we’re working hard to create a safe (but still hospitable) environment for when we reopen . We’re awaiting specific guidance from the Scottish government regarding the steps we should take for the protection of our guests and ourselves against Covid-19. We’ll be adhering to that government guidance when we’re given the go-ahead to reopen.
In the meantime, we’re putting the following measures in place:
- a risk assessment to identify all potential risks for infection, and the steps we’ll be taking to ameliorate them;
- the reduction of our room capacity from 3 rooms to 2 rooms only, to reduce the number of guests and facilitate social distancing;
- changes to our cleaning regime, including the introduction of virucidal sprays and the frequent cleaning of touch points (light switches, door handles etc);
- the provision of hand sanitisers in public areas;
- the removal of all books, brochures, and guest information folders (to be replaced by a virtual welcome pack).
- We’ll also take additional specific measures as these are announced by the Scottish government.
Our aim is to make your stay at By the Brae completely comfortable and enjoyable, and to allow you to relax in the knowledge that you’re staying in a clean and safe environment.